[Noisebridge-discuss] Questions for the EFF (prep for Nov 30th)

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:33:58 UTC 2009

Hey,

As most you know, Jennifer Granick will be hosting a night at Noisebridge
called "Hacker, Hacker Spaces and the Law" on November 30th at 7pm. Among
other things, I'm guessing it will be an expansion of the talk Danny O'Brien
gave at 5MoF last Thursday. I think this is a very, very, very valuable
opportunity for Noisebridge.

Granick is well known and highly respected within the hacking community at
large, and this is really generous of her. At Noisebridge, we've had a
number of really interesting legal questions come up, such as the "Deep
Crack" discussion. We might want to put together a list of questions to ask
her regarding current events, projects people are working on, and ways to
approach technology where we won't get into legal trouble (or if we do, set
it up so the EFF can help).

Most discussions like this we get into wind up with the disclaimers "IANAL"
or "yeah, but you're not a lawyer" getting tossed around. Well, this event
solves that. Anyone want to make a list?

aestetix