[Rack] Secretary account

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Aug 21 05:30:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 09:41:34PM -0700, Torrie Fischer wrote:
> Is there some kind of shared secretary shell account on noisebridge.net?

There's no shell account but we do have a secretary@ alias that goes to
the secretary and the minions and other helpers.

> I'd like to have this new reincarnation of secretaribot in a crontab
> running somewhere that people who aren't me can access, through a
> shared shell account with pubkey authentication.

That sounds like a good plan!  I'd prefer that it not be on the
webserver, though, that seems like a poor combination of security roles.

I think secretaribot used to run on the pony vm.

> I've also got this big bundle of membership forms. They only exist in
> paper format which makes me nervous. I'd like to scan them and keep
> them in encrypted storage on nb.net as a backup and be very cautious
> about who has the keys. I think this might help lower the bus factor
> that has previously plagued us.

Also seems pretty reasonable.  Shall we get an administrivia server set
up for such internal roles?  Do we want it to be a VM on a cloud
somewhere or would we prefer actual hardware?

-andy