[Noisebridge-board] Insurance inspector just called

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 4 20:07:14 UTC 2008

An inspector from our general liability insurance just called. Here's
the questions he asked as I recall, plus my responses:

Q1) What do we do?
A1) We offer space for people to pursue art and technology projects. We
also offer classes and workshops to the public. Example: soldering workshop.

Q2) How many square feet do we rent?
A2) Roughly 1K.

Q3) Is it one floor or what? Elevator?
A3) One floor plus loft. No elevator.

Q4) How many members?
A4) Currently around 30, we hope to expand to around 60.

Q5) When is the shop open?
A5) Members have keys and come and go any time. Classes typically in
early evening.

Q6) Any employees or is it all just members?
A6) No employees. There are corporate officers but they are volunteers.
No one is paid a salary.

Q7) Is there a burglar alarm?
A7) No.

Q8) Is there a smoke detector?
A8) I think so, not sure, let me get back to you on that.

Q9) Gas or electric heat?
A9) Not sure, let me get back to you on that.

Q10) Fire extinguishers? Are they new?
A10) Yes, purchased new by our safety committee.

His cell phone is 925 408 0517. I promised to get back to him on gas vs.
electric heat and on smoke detectors.

-David Molnar