[Noisebridge-board] landlord call re lease, noise complaints

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Nov 4 01:27:46 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Ahuva.  She had a couple of things to
mention:

1. She'll drop off the new lease Tuesday afternoon.

2. She related a phone call she'd had with Michael Weiss at the city
attorney's office.  Apparently he mentioned a specific noise complaint
at "3 AM" (I didn't get a date on that) as part of a pattern of noise
complaints.  She related how the neighbor had "got the gallery out of
there" (no idea if it was an eviction or a settlement or what) due to
repeated complaints about the gallery's monthly opening parties.  (I
think this is in regards Fort Gallery, which used to occupy 83b next
door.)

The message she wanted to convey is that the city attorney told her that
before 10PM there won't be a problem "so long as there isn't alcohol or
a big party in the alley".  I guess we get to draw what implications we
choose from that information; she didn't make any explicit statements of
"do X" or "don't do Y", and I'm sure the city attorney didn't either.

She asked me to prepare a letter to her outlining the contents of the
call and enclose a description of our activities, and that she would
forward the information to the city attorney's office.  I'm planning to
send along the flier that Rubin prepared for the open house and print
out a copy of the Irish Times article as an example of positive press
coverage.  Help is welcome in this regard.

-andy