[Noisebridge-board] hacker in residence program

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 17 12:30:22 UTC 2008

Rachel McConnell wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, this only has to be the current version of our
> hacker-in-residence application, and we can change it in future as our
> needs or requirements change.  So we really should get on it...
>
> I know I won't do anything all by myself, but with a partner I could.
> Anyone have time to whack at this with me some evening this week, say
> Monday, or Tues before the meeting?

I can do tuesday before the meeting. I have had this on my TODO list for
a while, my apologies for the delay.

The main policy thing I remember is that they ask if the program is open
to relatives of people awarding the hacker-in-residence. My feeling is
that we want to answer "no, it is not open to relatives."

So who exactly is that? The way I envision it, applications will go to a
self-selected team of Noisebridge members, that team will pick someone
or someones, then send the results to the whole group for consensus. I
interpret this to mean that the hacker in residence would not be open to
 the selection team relatives, but it would be open to relatives of
other Noisebridge members. This could come up if the person we want to
select is a Noisebridge member but in another country.

Does that sound reasonable?

-David Molnar