[Noisebridge-board] Board meeting - Thursday evening?

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Oct 2 16:35:01 UTC 2008

I can make a lunch meeting Friday ... hell, I'll manage to make a lunch
meeting today if that's better for you, Noah.

I suggest a slight modification to Jake's agenda, in order of importance
as I see it:

     1) write down the membership plan including suggested monthly dues
so we can present it to the members in time to give them at least SOME
discussion time
     2) Solve the *current* key issue to the best of our ability. I'd
like to talk about transitive trust, etc.
     3) Make a plan for consensus (in meetings and inter-board).
     4) Come up with a way to ensure meetings do not introduce new topics
to be decided on the spot (per Rachel's request). Hopefully we can also
come up with a format for meetings that we can all agree upon (no
railroading, ensuring people are heard, etc).
     5) Discuss the process of incorporation.
     6) Discuss insurance issues.
     7) Resolve our interpersonal differences if possible (it seems
possible to me).
     8) Air all of our grievances of the last few days.

We really need to get #1 done for our members to chew on for a bit.  If
we do nothing but that I will call it a win.

I put the personal stuff last because our first responsibility as the
board is to get the work done.  Also, in the immortal words of CS Lewis,
"People always get on better when they are making plans than when they
are talking about nothing in particular."