[Noisebridge-board] Wells Fargo details

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 10 01:21:23 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

Details about the Wells Fargo bank account:

0) Write cheques to "Noisebridge." They do not accept cash deposits for
business accounts. Jake, I wrote a $100 cheque to Noisebridge. I'll take
your $100 cash as reimbursement. Let me know if that is not OK.

1) Jake's SSN was not on the form, so we could not add Jake to the
account. They did, however, accept our Certificate of Authority.
Currently the only person with control of the account is me.

To add someone else, I go with you in person and introduce you to
Crist'obal Mun~iz, our banker. He then checks you are on the list of
board/officers, you give him your SSN and ID card, he adds you to the
account. It turns out they are happiest with two forms of ID, but a
student ID or debit card works.

The way they have it set up, people with control of the account have
full control, including the ability to add or remove people or close the
account. Cris suggested having only 2-3 people with such control. I'm ok
with everyone having that...but we can talk about it.

2) Wells Fargo would like to see a board member added to the account
soon. The account is active now, but if we don't add a board member soon
there may be an issue. Cris is around through Monday. Wells Fargo is
open until 6pm on Friday, Saturday, Monday.
Who is around? (I can't keep track ;)
Let's coordinate this. Just need any board member.

3) We will receive a debit card in 2 weeks that can be used to make
withdrawals, charges, and deposits. See me for the PIN.

4) We have an online banking account with Wells Fargo. The userid is
"noisebridge". See me for the password.

5) We can set up a corporate credit card paid automatically from the
account. There is no fee, as long as we pay off the credit card at the
end of the month. Noisebridge earns rewards this way.

6) We now have a folder full of brochures about Wells Fargo stuff, plus
a receipt for the $100 cheque, plus Cris's card. I will leave it
upstairs in a manila folder marked "Bank Papers."

-David Molnar