[Noisebridge-board] SF tax certificate

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 10 07:48:16 UTC 2008

Hi Mitch,

Do you know if Carol will send us instructions on applying for a San
Francisco tax registration certificate? I found the instructions on how
to apply here:
http://www.sfgov.org/site/treasurer_page.asp?id=14973#4

Since we do not have a 501c3 status yet, but we also do not have any
employees, it looks to me like we pay the minimum fee of $25 and file
the certificate. This has to be done within "15 days from start of
business."

The application also asks for the SSNs of all owning entities. Does that
mean every single member of a membership nonprofit? or can we get away
with just the officers?

-David Molnar