[Noisebridge-board] Re: Making Decisions and then backing out after concensus has been reached (was Re: Ick)

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Oct 1 20:15:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 12:10:52PM -0700, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> I think it's totally fair to say that this is an issue that needs
> further discussion. We cannot change the fact that the group feels we
> reached a consensus. Nor that we reported the consensus. If you don't
> feel that way, you need to speak up during the process and be a blocker.
> Please!

This will be a lot LOT easier when we have a more functional consensus
process.  I knew Noah felt steamrolled last night, I was probably part
of that steamroller after 5 hours of cleaning and 2 hours of standing-up
meeting in a cacophanous room.  There were a lot of disruptor elements
at the meeting too.

We need to separate consensusmaking meetings from the Open Tuesday
meetings.  I'm not sure how, but last night showed how well it works to
have non-members showing up for their first meeting "contributing" their
thoughts to the consensus.  Either we have consensusmaking earlier on
tuesdays (starting at 7?) or we do it on a different day.

-andy