[Noisebridge-board] Board meeting - Thursday evening?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:22:39 UTC 2008

Let's find a time where everyone can make it in person.

Saturday morning isn't that great for me, since I have tons to do to get ready for the Brain Machine / Dream Machine tent at the Castro Street Fair on Sunday (which also leaves Sunday out for me).  But if there were a way for everyone else to make it on Saturday, I'll make the time -- for 2 hours only, though.

I'm fine with Monday, any time (no time limit pressing on me then).

As I've expressed before, I believe that coming to agreement about accepting and rejecting new Members is crucial and critical -- we have to do this ASAP!!  As well, we need an agreement as to how to get rid of Members who are not working out.  Once we agree we can bring it up to the group at large.  I don't think this will be too difficult, since we want our Membership to be as open as possible, and we have models to go by that have worked for other hacker spaces.

For this board meeting, here's my priorities:  the above needed agreements about Membership (for which we do not need to finish at the meeting), and airing grievances in a safe space so we can all feel good working and playing together (for which I would like to see given as much energy as needed).

Mitch.

-------------------------> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:58:59 -0700> From: jacob at appelbaum.net> To: board at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-board] Board meeting - Thursday evening?> > Andy Isaacson wrote:> > On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 11:54:40AM -0700, Noah Balmer wrote:> >> The earliest two hour block I can do is saturday. Is 11:00AM ok?> > > > works for me.> > > > I'll have to phone in if this is the meeting time. It looks like I have> to attend to some business in Southern California (related to day job)> Friday-Sunday.> > I would really like today or Monday (afternoon or before 8pm) for an in> person meeting. I suspect that today is right out (for good reason) and> Monday may be too delayed for some people.> > Thoughts?> > Best,> Jake> _______________________________________________> Board mailing list> Board at lists.noisebridge.net> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/board