[Noisebridge-board] insurance and 501c3 acknowledgment letter

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 07:48:27 UTC 2008

I'll ask Carol.

Mitch.

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:01:55 -0700From: dmolnar at gmail.comTo: board at lists.noisebridge.netSubject: [Noisebridge-board] insurance and 501c3 acknowledgment letter
Do we know yet what our timeline is for filing the 501c3 application and receiving an acknowledgment letter from the IRS?-David Molnar
---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Bill Bergstrom <bbergstrom at pennbrookins.com>Date: Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:57 AMSubject: FW: FW: Noisebridge (24292) - GLTo: David Molnar <dmolnar at gmail.com>

Dave:

See below from the underwriter.

Thanks,
Bill

From: Randy Gorman [mailto:rgorman at insurancefornonprofits.org] Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:53 AMTo: Bill BergstromSubject: RE: FW: Noisebridge (24292) - GL

Do they have an acknowledgement of fling letter from the IRS?  Otherwise we will have to be the contingent 501C3 endorsement on the quote which states that we will retire from the account unless they get their 501C3 letter prior to the expiration date.  Thank you.

From: Bill Bergstrom [mailto:bbergstrom at pennbrookins.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:25 AMTo: Randy GormanSubject: FW: FW: Noisebridge (24292) - GL
Randy:

How should we handle this?  Insured is awaiting the 501 c 3 status.

Thanks,
Bill

From: David Molnar [mailto:dmolnar at gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:27 AMTo: Bill BergstromSubject: Re: FW: Noisebridge (24292) - GL

Hi Bill,We have sent our 501c3 application to the IRS, but we have not yet heard back from them. Is there any way to obtain insurance before that?-David Molnar

David:Can you provide me with a copy of your 501 C 3 letter?  Required forNIAC to quote.Thanks,Bill-----Original Message-----From: Randy Gorman [mailto:rgorman at insurancefornonprofits.org]Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:58 AMTo: Bill BergstromSubject: Noisebridge (24292) - GLThank you for your submission for this account.  In order to considerproviding your office with a quotation, please forward the following:Proof of their federal 501C3 non profit status with the IRS.Randy GormanSenior UnderwriterAlliance Member Services (AMS) servingAlliance of Nonprofits for Insurance, Risk Retention Group (ANI-RRG)National Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance (NANI)Nonprofits' Insurance Alliance of California (NIAC)P.O. Box 8507Santa Cruz, CA 95061-8507Telephone: 800-359-6422 extension 20Direct: 831-621-6020Fax:  831-621-6104www.insurancefornonprofits.orghttp://www.insurancefornonprofits.orgProud Sponsors of the Blue AvocadoIntriguing, nourishing, practically indispensableTo subscribe for free just send an email to editor at blueavocado.orgwww.blueavocado.orgCONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message, together with any attachmentsis intendedonly for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.It may containinformation that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure. If youare not theintended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,dissemination or copyingof this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you havereceived thisitem in error, please notify the original sender and destroy this item,along withany attachments. Thank you.Please consider the environment before printing this email.