[Noisebridge-board] Civil Hackers' School giving 2169 as mailing address?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Aug 14 05:55:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

Some of you met Ilya Vasilyev, who is going to be running a hacking
run at Noisebridge this weekend.

Ilya told me that he's trying to set up a PayPal account to receive
donations for the Civil Hackers' School in Moscow, but although he
already has a U.S. bank account, PayPal doesn't seem to like the
fact that the mailing address he gave was in Russia rather than the
U.S.  Ilya asked if he could give 2169 Mission as the mailing address
for his account in order to facilitate receiving electronic
contributions.

Is this OK?  According to his description, it does not mean that
Noisebridge is financially sponsoring or endorsing the Civil Hackers'
School, or entering any particular kind of relationship with it, and
it also doesn't mean that we should expect to get snailmail for them.
It seems that it would be more of a means of dealing with bureaucratic
red tape.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.