[Noisebridge-board] 83c lease

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 16:44:28 UTC 2009

> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:03:27 -0700
> From: adi at hexapodia.org
> To: board at lists.noisebridge.net
> Subject: [Noisebridge-board] 83c lease
>
> I reviewed the lease on 83c today.
>
> The lease states that its term is through September 30 and that the
> tenant should give 30 days notice of termination.
>
> The lease does not say whether we paid the last month's rent in advance.
>
> My memory says that we did, but I don't actually have a written record.
>
> If I recall correctly, Jake wrote the initial check.
>
> Do we have a record of what we paid at lease inception?
>
> Assuming my memory is correct, we should not pay September rent, and
> should instead send a written notice that we're terminating our lease at
> the end of September.
>
> -andy (and then we need to GTFO of 83c before the end of September.)

I looked through my accounting records, and I see that on 28-Sept-08 we paid $975 for October-08 (first month) rent and $1975 for deposit.  But I don't see that we paid for last month.  Jake, do you know if you gave Ahuva (or someone) last month's rent?

But I cancelled the auto-payment for Sept-09.  I can pay her by check if we need to pay her for September.

Andy, would you be OK giving Ahuva written notice of our leaving?

Mitch.