[Noisebridge-board] [Fwd: Re: Fire Department Visits Noisebridge (oh, right, and there was a fire).]

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Dec 2 19:26:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:39:05AM -0800, Mitch Altman wrote:
> Since we have not done anything to endanger the property or its
> inhabitants, it would be really good to keep Henry and his father
> believing that we are responsible tenants.
>
> If Dr. Jesus is into it, it would be good to ask him to contact Henry.

Shannon and I are going to set up a time to meet Henry (and possibly his
dad) this week to understand their concerns about the second floor and
hopefully ensure that there isn't any misunderstanding about the where
and the what of the incident on Sunday.

I'm concerned that the sense I get from Henry's message is pretty
different from my understanding of what happened, based on the
narratives from several people who were present.  (I was getting dinner
across the street when the fire trucks pulled up, so I didn't experience
it myself.)

I'm thinking to suggest that the landlords use a security system to
monitor access to the un-rented portions of the building, but since I
don't feel like I understand their threat model yet I'm not sure that's
feasible; I'll try to discuss it with them.

Dr J, if you're available this week it'd be good to have you there for
the meeting too.

-andy