[Noisebridge-board] Fire Department Visits Noisebridge (oh, right, and there was a fire).

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Dec 2 19:45:00 UTC 2009

> Subject: 	Re: Fire Department Visits Noisebridge (oh, right, and there
> was a fire).
> Date: 	Tue, 1 Dec 2009 23:57:59 -0800
> From: 	Henry Ho <henryhoproperty at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Shannon and Noisebridge members,
>
> I am glad to hear that everyone is safe. This could have turned out much
> worse. Unfortunately, it has also come to my attention that there have
> been ongoing events that have likely led to this near-disaster.
>
> It appears that the locks securing southern entry into the rear unit of
> the second floor have been pried apart, and apparently have been

Henry,

I'm sorry to hear that some security measures were damaged, and that
there's been unauthorized and possibly dangerous access to portions of
the building that should be off-limits.

I am not completely sure I understand the current state of the doors
between the 2nd and 3rd floors, and I'd like to discuss them with you
to make sure we're all on the same page as far as the access control
goes.

Also, since I wasn't present at 2169 when the fire trucks showed up (I'd
just sat down to dinner at a restaurant across the street, so I saw it
happen from nearby) I'd like to hear from people who were there as to
what they found and what the response was.

Shannon and Dr J (both CCed) are the people with the most in-person
accounts, so I'd like one or both of them to walk you and I through the
events.

Could we all meet sometime this week to go over Sunday's events, check
out the doors, and review what we should do to avoid any further
incidents?

I'm fairly flexible, but 1PM on Weds, Thu, or Fri would work for me; if
that doesn't work for you, let me know.

-andy