[Noisebridge-board] board shit TO DO list
rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Dec 10 21:17:48 UTC 2009
There is a bunch of crap to deal with. Here is what I can think of:
1. I forgot to mention this in the election hoo-hah, but as of about a
week ago I have received YES emails from everyone who was a member when
Shannon was consensed as a director. We need to do something with
this... have to work out exactly what.
2. Welcome Miloh & Ani... whoever is managing this list (Andy?) please
put them on it! Let Andy know if I don't have the right email above.
3. Do we need to notify any governmental organization about the changes
to our board & officers?
4. Are we out of an ED? Someone pointed out to me recently that the
Bylaws state that directors hold office until replaced, but that clause
is not applicable to officers, and the ED term is supposed to be a year.
The board is responsible for appointing the officers; WE do that by
making the membership decide and then rubber-stamping it. I personally
do not have interest in running another election and would love for
someone else to take that particular task on.
5. The one task the ED is supposed to do is a yearly accounting of
finances. Last year didn't really have much but maybe Jake, you could
ask Mitch for his records through Dec 31 2008? Or we could ignore it.
Not sure if there is any penalty for that. I suppose removing the ED
from office should be sufficient and I'm pretty sure we have to do that
6. We need to officially change our address to 2169 and file some
paperwork about that. I remember noticing this a while ago and made a
wiki page for board business,
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Board_Business. I'm not putting the
rest of this on there yet b/c I'm not sure of any of it yet.
I have a feeling there is something else but I can't think of it.
More information about the Board