[Noisebridge-board] Speakeasy Internet

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Dec 23 00:01:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 03:46:24PM -0800, Jeffrey Malone wrote:
> So as I understand it, Noisebridge currently should only be paying
> Sonic for internet access.  To my knowledge, we ceased our Speakeasy
> service when we moved from 83c.
> I've CCed the ops email for confirmation on this.

That's correct.

> We're still paying Speakeasy money -- $112.25 a month in fact, which
> we paid for October, November and December.  It's being paid by one of
> our check cards (the one ending in 1306), although I have no idea
> whose.
> Assuming I am indeed correct, will whoever is paying for this cancel it?

That's not my card (alas).  I believe it's Jake's.  I've tried
cancelling it by calling Speakeasy without card access, but apparently
they want to verify the cardholder.  I'll get the card info from Jake
and call them to cancel.

> We're already out $336 ...

I suspect they'll refund at least part of this amount given we haven't
passed a byte down the line in months.

-andy