[Noisebridge-board] [Noisebridge-discuss] ExCEL Education Program Proposal submitted!

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 4 18:44:01 UTC 2009

Hi Le,,

Lee Sonko wrote:
> Michael Shiloh, J.D. and myself wrote and submitted a fine proposal for the
> San Francisco Unified School District. This submission has Noisebridge's
> name and Michael Shiloh's "Teach Me To Make" name on it.

Thanks again for submitting this proposal. I'm hoping we hear good news
from SFUSD soon!

As you may know, we're in the process of preparing a response to an IRS
request for information. Our lawyer noticed that the proposal states
Noisebridge has 501c3 status. The proposal should say "501c3 application
pending." Not a big deal but we need to clarify this.

Would it be possible for you to send SFUSD a short note stating that
Noisebridge is a 501c3 application pending organization, not yet a
501c3? I think it'd be best if it came from you since you submitted the
original proposal. Otherwise I'm happy to do it. Let me know what works
for you.

David Molnar