[Noisebridge-board] Membership hiatus policy

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Apr 1 18:53:15 UTC 2010

My recollection is that the following policy was consensed on:

* to go 'on hiatus' you merely have to notify a board member or officer.
 you then don't pay dues, and are not able to block a consensus item.
when you want to come back again (i.e. you got the job or returned to
the country) you simply start paying dues again.

* to stop being a member you notify a board member or officer.  this is
different from going on hiatus b/c if you want to come back you have to
go through the joining process again.

* if you have not paid dues for three months, and have not responded to
at least three months of contact attempts by the treasurer or other
board member or officer, your membership can be revoked

I'll update the page and we'll see if anyone remembers differently.