[Noisebridge-board] bank fraud on commercial accounts

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Dec 30 00:41:17 UTC 2010

As you may be aware, commercial accounts are not protected from bank
fraud the way personal accounts are.

That means if your online banking credentials get phished and someone
logs into our account and wires all of our money to Uzbekistan, the bank
doesn't automatically have to recompense us for the loss.

Here's a customer that got owned sueing their bank for not providing a
secure way to access their bank account:

http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/articles.php?art_id=3159&opg=1

So, keep in mind that this is an issue, that's more of a problem for
Noisebridge than for our individual accounts.

Thanks,
-andy