[Noisebridge-board] Jof is consensed on, board met to appoint him

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Mon Mar 15 05:23:01 UTC 2010

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:18:41PM -0800, Rachel McConnell wrote:
>> The membership has consensed on Jonathan Lassof as President of
>> Noisebridge.  Miloh, Shannon, and I had a board meeting just now and the
>> notes are below.  Ani, Andy, please sign off on these notes since you
>> were not able to attend (the Bylaws permit the board meeting to be
>> approved by board members who were not present).
>
> You're doing it wrong. :)
>
> We can't have a board *meeting* unless either
>
> 1. it's announced in advance with notice given to the board members
>    (see the bylaws for details of time period, etc)
> or
> 2. all the board members are present (optionally by telephone) and agree
>    to waive the annoucement requirement.  If a boardmember can't be
>    reached or doesn't agree to waive, there's no way to force it
>    immediately (by voting or whatever), we have to call a meeting with
>    the notice period as above.
>
> I could have attended a meeting Tuesday by phone and would have been
> happy to do so, so please do try to call me in the future if such a need
> arises.
>
> So what happened Tuesday wasn't a board meeting per se, but I'm fine
> with taking it as the first step in a board decision by unanimous
> consent.
>
> Therefore, I agree that Jonathan Lassoff is appointed as president of
> Noisebridge effective March 9, 2010.  Unless they say that they don't
> agree, Rachel Miloh and Shannon agreed at Tuesday's meeting; Ani
> sent an email (unsigned, which is suboptimal, but OK) so I believe we
> have unanimous consent.
>
> -andy

We do.

I admit I did not look up in the bylaws about board meetings; I recalled
a situation where meeting notes could be approved retroactively in
writing and have the full force & effect of an actual meeting, or
something to that effect...  Want to take over the management of the
appointment process?

Rachel