[Noisebridge-board] Jof is consensed on, board met to appoint him

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Mar 15 04:47:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:18:41PM -0800, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> The membership has consensed on Jonathan Lassof as President of
> Noisebridge.  Miloh, Shannon, and I had a board meeting just now and the
> notes are below.  Ani, Andy, please sign off on these notes since you
> were not able to attend (the Bylaws permit the board meeting to be
> approved by board members who were not present).

You're doing it wrong. :)

We can't have a board *meeting* unless either

1. it's announced in advance with notice given to the board members
   (see the bylaws for details of time period, etc)
or
2. all the board members are present (optionally by telephone) and agree
   to waive the annoucement requirement.  If a boardmember can't be
   reached or doesn't agree to waive, there's no way to force it
   immediately (by voting or whatever), we have to call a meeting with
   the notice period as above.

I could have attended a meeting Tuesday by phone and would have been
happy to do so, so please do try to call me in the future if such a need
arises.

So what happened Tuesday wasn't a board meeting per se, but I'm fine
with taking it as the first step in a board decision by unanimous
consent.

Therefore, I agree that Jonathan Lassoff is appointed as president of
Noisebridge effective March 9, 2010.  Unless they say that they don't
agree, Rachel Miloh and Shannon agreed at Tuesday's meeting; Ani
sent an email (unsigned, which is suboptimal, but OK) so I believe we
have unanimous consent.

-andy