[Noisebridge-board] IMPORTANT -- FW: Annual Electronic Filing Requirement for Small Exempt Organizations ‹ Form 990-N (e-Postcard)

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Thu Apr 14 21:13:50 UTC 2011

Yeah, I emailed him about this already and he said that our 990 is due
May 15, which is the deadline for non-profit organizations apparently.
I also called him and asked specifically about the e-postcard and he
says that we're definitely not required to file any 990 stuff until
May. I sent him the link to the epostcard description just in case.

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=169250,00.html
"Small tax-exempt organizations whose annual gross receipts are
normally $25,000 or less ($50,000 for tax years ending on or after
December 31, 2010) may be required to electronically submit Form
990-N, also known as the e-Postcard, unless they choose to file a
complete Form 990 or Form 990-EZ."

Our gross income last year was over $50K and we are going to be filing
a complete 990, so I don't think we fit this description.

-Kelly