[Noisebridge-board] Can I get a receipt for my 2010 dues?

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Mon Aug 8 23:28:17 UTC 2011

FYI, Jof, there is an official database of members, and I keep it. In
the future, it will be kept by the secretary. Ryan I suggest that you
ask a friend to bring up your situation as a proxy at a membership
meeting. You can put it up as a discussion item on the wiki yourself,
and I will probably be there to relay this conversation, but it would
probably be good if you had a proxy there.

Since it's not a clear-cut situation, I'd prefer to defer to the
membership. According to the instructions on the wiki (I just edited
it to change this) contacting a board member is a legit "official" way
to abdicate your membership. It now says "treasurer and secretary"
which is a little closer to the actual record-keeping. In theory it's
totally fine if people abdicate via the president or a board member,
but they would need to then relay that info to me and the secretary.

Ryan, I really doubt that there would be any issues with reinstating
you as a member, but I like to respect the consensus on this sort of
thing. Especially since you can resume regular donations any time, and
the only difference that being an official member provides is that you
will be able to "participate fully in the consensus process" as they
say.

See https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Membership/FAQ and
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Membership etc regarding membership
vs being a regular donor.