[Noisebridge-board] negotiating new lease

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Nov 28 08:43:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 02:00:57PM -0800, Danny O'Brien wrote:
> Miloh mentioned that our lease is up in around 11 months time, and now
> might be a good time to start negotiating the new one, so we can have
> enough lead time.
>
> Who negotiated the last time? Anyone want to join a small working
> committee to approach our landlords this time?

Read the current lease, I'm pretty sure it was "3 years plus two
one-year automatic extensions at a specific % increase unless either
party cancels it" or something like that.

I was fairly involved in the original negotiations.

https://www.noisebridge.net/images/e/ef/2169_Mission_signed_lease-cleaned.pdf

Oh right, lulz, there was a horribly complicated formula for inflation,
which we convinced them to delete (paragraph 2).  The renewal is in
paragraph 32.  Lessee (that's us) has option to renew for additional 36
months at $3960/mo.

-andy