[Noisebridge-board] Open Call - CulturaDigital.BR Festival

Thiago Carrapatoso thiagocarrapatoso at goteiras.org
Thu Sep 15 20:35:39 UTC 2011

Hi, all!

Our friends from Garoa Hacker Clube, a hackerspace in Sao Paulo (BR), suggested that I send this e-mail to you.

I am writing to introduce a Brazilian project.

The Festival Internacional CulturaDigital.BR (CulturaDigital.BR International Festival) is calling for projects in several areas of digital culture.

Like the website explains, "in its 3rd edition, the CulturaDigital.BR Festival emerges in the context of massification and appropriation of technology by young independent producers who don't necessarily fit in organizations nor have rigid ideological affiliations. Mostly, they are concerned with the practice and process of changing the cultural reality."

There is a presentation explaining the event here: http://www.slideshare.net/Culturadigital/culturadigitalbr-festival

The event will be held in Brazil, from December 2nd to 4th, in Rio de Janeiro.

The open call is to select the projects which will be exposed and be part of the program of the whole event. The selected ones will count on coverage of plane tickets and accommodation.

http://culturadigital.org.br/en/#!/chamada-publica

It would be very interesting to try to organize a world hackerspace meet-up. We are inviting several, as Garoa Hacker Clube, Metalab (Vienna), Hack La Viva (Porto) and Hackerspace Prague. All of them were suggested to register at the open call to have some works selected do the Festival.

What do you think to register at the open call as well?

If you have any doubt filing the form or what project to register, please, let me know!

Thanks!

Best,

Thiago Carrapatoso
Public Relations
Festival Internacional CulturaDigital.BR
http://www.culturadigital.org.br