[Noisebridge-board] mail: checks, 7 day notices, and an IRS penalty fee.

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Sun Sep 25 22:38:21 UTC 2011

FYI, response from tax guy for those not on the treas or secre aliases:

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 13:59, Douglas Regalia <dougr at mrcpa.com> wrote:
> Kelly:
>
> Do not tender payment to the IRS.
> I will prepare a response immediately and request a removal of all
> penalties.
> I will send a copy of my correspondence to you.
> It will then take at least 8 weeks to get a response from the IRS to our
> letter.
>
> - Doug

Apparently the fees are a matter of procedure but as long as you're
not chronically late in your tax payment and bother to send a letter
explaining your circumstances, they will almost always waive them. I
was also told that this should have no bearing on our continued 501c3
status or renewal.

After the 2010 tax drama (AND the 2009 tax drama) I decided to not
work with the tax ninja anymore. I've been meaning to write him a sour
yelp review.

-Kelly