[Noisebridge-board] Noisebridge corporate status?

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Fri Feb 22 17:43:59 UTC 2013

Hi Mike, thanks for checking in. We're aware of the issue and have been
working with the state for some time to resolve it. Apparently we never
applied for state exemption back in the day and the state only recently
noticed and suspended us for not paying taxes as a non-exempt
corporatioxemption and reinstatement process is long and slow, but the SOS
office assured us that everything will be retroactive once it goes through
because we are still legally a 501c3 at the federal level and we've been
filing correctly for an exempt organization. Currently we have been
approved for state exemption and are going through the hoops to remove the
suspension.

Sounds like you are familiar with the process as well. I have to call the
state again today to nag them, so I will heartily accept your sympathy.

Kelly