[Noisebridge-board] Noisebridge general meeting and board elections for 2014

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Mon Jan 13 10:21:27 UTC 2014

On 13 January 2014 02:08, Michael C. Toren <mct at toren.net> wrote:
> Previous elections have allowed for ballots to be submitted anonymously,
> which is an important feature to carry forward.  How were you thinking
> written ballots would work?

Previous anonymous balloting has been operated by the RO (Leif). I
recall that the RO:

1. verified a prospective voter against the rolls,
2. provided a paper ballot,
3. …
4. allowed the voter to place their completed ballot in the ballot box, then
5. checked the voter off the election rolls.

The ballots randomized the candidate names but contained no identifier
which could be linked to the voter's identity.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:58:47AM -0800, Tom Lowenthal wrote:
> * Determine that the 2014 board election shall open at 7pm on
> 2014-02-04, and close at 7:30pm on 2014-03-04.

On 13 January 2014 02:08, Michael C. Toren <mct at toren.net> wrote:
> We can probably narrow the timeframe down to one week?

Given the logistics of anonymous paper ballots, I suspect that a
single week would result in disenfranchised voters. I recommend a full
month.

--
Tom Lowenthal
Noisebridge Secretary  |  +1 609-981-4957 | @noisebridge