[Noisebridge-board] Reminder: board meeting at Noisebridge, 7pm this evening
me at tomlowenthal.com
Wed Mar 12 20:14:40 UTC 2014
We'll meet in the library at 7pm. Quorum is 3 out of 5.
Madelynn has asked to be dialed in by a Google Hangout. If that's your
cup of tea, you're welcome to join her. Please tell me if that's your
plan, so that I don't show up to Noisebridge to have a one-person
meeting with my laptop.
At the end are some topics that I think we should discuss. This isn't
an exhaustive list, and I think we should wrangle the agenda at the
start of the meeting. Please think about other things that you want to
work on, but I don't think we'll get through everything this evening.
Thanks for volunteering!
* How do we schedule meetings? Should they be weekly, semi-weekly,
regular, or ad-hoc?
* How do we record meetings? Do we only note minutes, or also
discussion details? Where do we post the notes?
* Where & how do we hold meetings? Do we meet at Noisebridge, or in
cyberspace? Is there food?
* How do we plan agendas?
* Do we have other strategies to make meetings suck as little as possible?
* Where do we document our meeting procedure?
* Are board meetings open to the public?
* What is our vision for Noisebridge as a whole?
* What do we think the board should do?
* How do we think the board should work?
* What do we think the relationship between the board and the
membership should look like?
* Do we want to select a new president?
* Should we pick a chair to wrangle the board?
* How do we find a treasurer to replace Danny?
* Do we want to appoint other officers for specific responsibilities?
## The board itself
* Should we switch to overlapping board-member terms?
## Other projects
* Are there things we want to change about the bylaws?
* How do we want to do physical infrastructure maintenance?
* What should our community working group look like?
* How do we want to take care of physical safety in the space (fire,
* Do we want to form working groups for these specific topics? How
would those working groups be constituted and function?
More information about the Board