[Chunky_bacon] Class Github Group

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:45:18 UTC 2011

Hey guys, to facilitate our collaboration on learning projects we created a
github organization last night.  Here's the url:

https://github.com/organizations/NBStarmonkeys

We can use this group to work on simple exercise projects together.  Some
ideas we came up with are documented on the class wiki.  Feel free to add
your own.  If you'd like to take part, sign up for a free github account and
email me your username so that I can add you to the group.  I've also added
one of my own projects up there, rudo<https://github.com/NBStarmonkeys/rudo>,
which you can help out on if it interests you.

If you want to get a jump start on next week you can have a try at
installing git on your system.  For Mac users you can use the git osx
installer:

http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/

Not sure, but you may need to have XCode Tools installed for it to work.
I'll try to have copies of this handy next week.

For Windows users there's msysgit:

http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

For Linux users there is public shame if you don't already know how to
install git on your system.

Oh, and if you are wondering wtf on the group names, it's time for you to
take a look at _Why's Poignant Guide.

See you all next week!

-Fletch