[Noisebridge-congress] ixnay

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:23:39 UTC 2009

Hey gang-
I found a free couch, and as much as i would really rather stay with you
folk, i have to go with that option. So, im backing out. Im really sorry if
this causes any stress, i wish i could have let you know sooner.  Ill still
hang around, cuz y'all the beez neez.
best
meredith

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Christoph Maier <
cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just extended Friedrichs 3 to include 26-27 December, and got some
> information about the rental contract:
>
> [...]
>
> Deposit : 300 Eur
>
> [...]
>
> VERY IMPORTANT Reasons for charging the security deposit
> [...]
> Lodging more people than mentioned in t his contract
> Noises are forbidden after 21.00h inside the apartment and also in the
> staircase. Guest not respecting this point will be immediately asked to
> leave the property with no refund of the rent paid.
> [...]
>
> I.e., if we do the "sardines" thing, the rent may almost double.
>
> For my part, I'd be rather reluctant to bear the ENTIRE risk of that.
>
> That "Blockwart" (i.e., a guy who scrutinizes what's going on in
> apartments) thing has been INVENTED in Germany.
>
> Christoph
>
> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 09:59 +0100, Matt Feigal wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After seeing 3 1/2 "yes" responses to my email, I grabbed the cheapest
> > 45m2 room in that building, Friedrichs 3.  I see now the 'sardines'
> > conversation continues hot and heavy, hope I didn't act rashly.
> >
> > It'll relieve some pressure on Friedrichs 13, without (hopefully)
> > diluting your buying power too much.
> >
> > Friedrichs 3, Dec 27-30, 117 Euros / night
> > The "Main 3" (people who responded Yes to my mail) are
> > Aestetix
> > Meredith
> > Christoff
> >
> > Plus a request from Rubin for the floor, though others seem to be
> > "claiming"  him for Friedrichs 13 :).
> >
> > I like Ping's 'primary keyholders' guideline, I'll follow same with my
> > three main confirmed guests.  I'm happy to accept floor folks, however
> > you anarchic gang decide to arrange between the two spaces, or let
> > this be the 'comfort zone' for people who just want quiet space. I'll
> > also accept substitutions on my three confirmations, please notify me
> > if you're swapping out with one of the main 3.  (The only thing that
> > I'd find not-nice is dropping below 4 main guests, as it raises price
> > for others)
> >
> > Recommend we reconfigure the Google Spreadsheet a bit to clarify the
> > bed-space / floor-space / which apartment question, since it's a long,
> > hard to track email chain right now.  I've added details to the
> > "Apartment" Tab, with just the minimum information needed.  Any
> > objections? (Ping, you'll want to fill in your details if you agree)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Matt

doing stuff and making things
---
"A traveler. I love his title. A traveler is to be reverenced as such. His
profession is the best symbol of our life. Going from - toward; it is the
history of every one of us. It is a great art to saunter." -Henry David
Thoreau