[Noisebridge-congress] Arrival

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sat Dec 26 12:38:49 UTC 2009

aestetix aestetix wrote:
> I have just arrived in Frankfurt, and am now at the gate awaiting my flight
> to Berlin.

In theory, I'm still arriving in Frankfurt tonight. My flight is
supposed to board in an hour and a half. However, I've been having major
trouble in Lebanon; they denied me entry after I arrived from Jordan
this morning and this has made transiting a huge Kafkaesque nightmare.
I'm currently being watched by a keystone cop in street clothing.

I've been throughly searched, detained, accused of being a spy (yeah
fucking right), of hiding a visit to Israel on this trip (nonsense),
having a second passport (I wish), and I've been threatened with arrest
without having any charge explained to me. I guess that I'll have major
issues with entering Lebanon if I ever try to return. :-(

I can't wait to get the fuck out of the Beirut airport!

Argh,
Jake