[Noisebridge-congress] Arrival

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 26 13:53:15 UTC 2009

You can get German SIM cards all over town (zillions of places).  Of course, this being Germany, everywhere is closed for the 3rd day in a row, for christmas.  But Vodafone, for instance, has SIM cards for 10 EUR that include 10 EUR of calls (so, basically, the SIM is free).  I'm sure the other carriers have similar deals.

It is way worth getting a German SIM, since US carriers charge way lots per minute (and per MB for data).  AT&T charges $1.29 per minute and $19.95 per MB!

Of course, this being Germany, everything will be closed on the 27th, since it is Sunday.  So, Monday will be the first chance to buy a SIM.

Mitch.