[Noisebridge-congress] Not playing the dancing around OHM game

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed May 29 11:00:11 UTC 2013

Every time I've gone to Europe it's been for some hacker related event.
In addition to most of those I've either helped with running a giant
street game or thought it would be sane to bike across parts of it.

There's been a bunch of shit smeared across OHM, weather it's their shit
or not I could honestly give less than a fuck about at this point. What
is apparent is how I've kind of gotten sick of the hacker community and
its politics. We've gone from hacking the system to hacking our own
systems. It feels less of us trying to work together towards something
awesome and more like a waste of my time.

With all that being said, there are a number of you talking about going
to Europe during OHM, but not actually going to the event, mostly just
there to hang out with familiar faces. Which sounded like a great idea
to me, until I had this radical thought that I could go to Europe
whenever I wanted to for whatever reason, and it didn't have to be
related to the hacker scene. Wow!

I am piecing together a street game to be executed here in San Francisco
at the end of August. My original plan was to release the mechanics and
software of the game as open source/CC, and toss it over the pond for
fin (or whoever) to run.

Anyone feel like going to Europe sometime in September to run this game
once, or a few times? No stress of conference schedule or the need to
beef up your firewall required.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net