[Noisebridge-congress] Hangouts

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Aug 9 10:40:35 UTC 2015

Last night I started a Google Hangouts group chat thing with everyone on
roster. We're already using it. If you haven't checked it out yet, or don't
have Hangouts installed on your devices, I recommend having a looksy. It's
not secure by any means of the imagination (then again neither is your
phone), but it provides a persistence presence, offline caching, and multi
device support. Plus there's a single button to press to provide your
current location. Just don't chat about how you're going to start the next
Silk Road on there, or do?

The room will get noisy, so this is a reminder that you can turn off
notification per chat in Hangouts.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net