[Noisebridge-congress] FireChat app for communicating at Camp?

David Valdman dmvaldman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 19:39:13 UTC 2015

I’ve never used it in practice, but it’s a chat app that creates a mesh
network between all users and as long as one of us has an internet
connection, we can proxy through him/her. It’s often used in events with
high densities of people. The security of it I’m not certain about. Maybe
someone here can add some helpful advice on the matter.

I’ve just created a room called nopecamp. You can access it via the web on
your mobile device at http://firech.at/nopecamp after installing the app.

I know we have a lot of chat apps lying around, but I worry that with poor
internet connectivity on mobile google hangout/slack will not work well for
some of us.

Dave