[Noisebridge-congress] Collecting Hackerspace Stories @ N.O.P.E / Noise Level

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 07:59:37 UTC 2015

+1  Cool project.  Did you create a self-organized Session for it?

Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 15:10:24 -0400
From: m at dan.net.in
To: Congress at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: [Noisebridge-congress] Collecting Hackerspace Stories @ N.O.P.E /	Noise Level

Hope everyone's packing planning is going well,  wanted to poll the group on research project I'm working on.
 One thing that I'm very interested in and looking to learn more about is the evolution of Hackerspaces around the world, and the stories of creation particularly prior to 2011.  I have some of the raw data about founding dates and locations but interested in audio recording people at Camp for their stories,  I have a loose framework and a few links  https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Oral_histories  but hoping to capture more from those from the new wave of Hackerspaces circa 1995-2010.
I'd like to record these at our camp.
What is the planned noise level at our camp and around,  i.e. do we have any DJ sound planned during the day?    I remember a sound question on camp application but don't see it on the wiki.

Does anyone object to me hosting this in our Village ?  (Absolute silence is not needed)
Also. if this is a project you would be interested in helping with this project, either with recording, translation, question formulation please please let me email me.

Librarian Dan

Norton Video of the email:
Ben Cartwright & Emperor Norton & Mark Twain   https://youtu.be/2ZWwTPnio7w
History Inspiration http://www.emperorsbridge.org/emperor/bridge-proclamations/