[Noisebridge-congress] FireChat app for communicating at Camp?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Aug 9 20:17:21 UTC 2015

I'm up for trying it but not abandoning Hangouts. I believe the p2p works
through BLE, so this makes it useless for some of our trash hacker Android
devices. But it'll be a good experiment. I should be rubin

This while local chat room is slightly creepy where I'm sitting right now.
Is this Everyone channel just based off GPS or actual BLE mesh?
I just uninstalled firechat because it was too noisy even when I thought I
set it to minimal notifications. Anyway it's a good idea. Also it's
supposed to do peer-to-peer somehow (maybe only bluetooth?).

Ben