[Noisebridge-congress] Any tips in carrying all kinds of electronics in check-in luggage ?

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sat Jul 25 16:59:43 UTC 2015

Hi,
So like many of us travelling to Camp, I will probably have all kinds of
stuff in my check-in luggage such as the LED panels, switching power supply
and all kinds of wires that will probably look pretty alarming if you are
looking at an X-ray of the luggage...

So I am a bit worried that I might end up without electronics..

It is commonly known that they will open international luggage anyway, so
the question is how to make sure that TSA and others that rummage through
my stuff don't see this as a threat but just simple electronics.

I intend to clearly mark things, for instance write stickers 'Display
panels' so that it is more clear to someone inspecting the luggage contents.

Are there any other good suggestions ? Mitch, you are travelling a lot
internationally, probably often with electronics - do you have some good
suggestions to improve the probability to get these things through unharmed
? Or am I just overthinking this ?

Thanks
  Henner.