[Noisebridge-congress] Logo/Image/Flag thread

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Thu Jul 23 16:03:34 UTC 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 01:57, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> A bunch of you have feelings about how we should display that we're NOPE.
> This is a thread to discuss that and figure out who's doing what.

I hope to get 12 32x32 LED panels packet up to have at least a smallish
64cm x 48cm display with 128x96 pixels using my
https://github.com/hzeller/rpi-rgb-led-matrix software. Here is an old
video of such a thing ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglGuMaKvpY ). That
could be used to display all kinds of various things, including an animated
gif of our flag flapping in the wind.

It is possible to connect more displays (up to 36-ish per Raspberry Pi) and
there are displays with higher pixel gap, making things generally larger,
but that makes only sense if we have them locally; maybe Ben or Casey have
some of these lying around ?

-h