[Noisebridge-congress] Traveling to 32c3: train from Berlin to Hamburg?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Oct 15 05:28:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 09:55:18PM -0700, Patrick O'Doherty wrote:
> I'm trying to plan my travel to 32c3 this year, and am looking at
> how to get from Dublin to Hamburg on the 26th.
>
> Last year there were direct flights which were very convenient
> indeed, but it would appear due to the fact that the 26th is a
> Saturday there's no such flight that day.
>
> My alternative is a Dublin to Berlin Schonefeld flight getting in at
> 6pm EST that day, and from there taking a train to Hamburg.

You can fly into FRA, there's a direct FRA Flugh. -> Hamburg Dammtor ICE
train every hour or two, for about 70-90 EUR in 2nd class.  Quite a
bit shorter than BER-HAM on the train, and walking to the ICE station in
FRA is a lot less annoying / costly than getting to Ber Hbh from SXF or
TXL.

Likely fewer hackers on that train tho, the BER-HAM trains are going to
be *completely* full of blue and red hair. :)

-andy