[Noisebridge-congress] YEP Tent Telecoms

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Aug 24 15:37:26 UTC 2019

Hello Campers and Camp-interested subscribers!

I just wanted to give a YEP tent telecoms-geekery update:

YEP has a telephone!
Missing camp? Want to check in with the tent? Give us a ring:
- On the Eventphone network: 4155
- From the rest of the world: +49 464438299-4155

YEP has weird internet!
I've plumbed some personal IP space, 44.4.44.0/24
This is accessible from any of the Ethernet cables dangling from the
Pelican case.
You can also use WiFi in the vicinity:
- SSID: jof.io
- WPA2 PSK: experimental

We also have a Stratum 1, GPS-trained, NTP-speaking clock.
On-net: 100.100.100.2
Off-net: 44.4.44.2 (Stratum 2 PC clock, trained to the GPS clock,
backed up to PTB (A local, "official" atomic clock here in Germany)

DHCP hands out just a few IPs in the block for 1 minute at a time.
Feel free to configure any other IP you want. Maybe just ARPing for it
first.

Have fun. Please don't get me in trouble, and don't waste silly
amounts of bandwidth (fair-use policy).
Happy to answer any questions on DECT: 2464

Cheers and happy hacking,
jof