[Noisebridge-congress] Assembly name

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Sat Feb 9 15:57:54 UTC 2019

HELLO, CAMPERS!

Our assembly should have a name. Four years ago, we were NOPE: Norton's
Obscure Phoggy Embassy. We could do that again, but somehow it feels
weird. I've been idly thinking of a few names.

The first one that came to mind is to call the assembly
"congress at lists.noisebridge.net". Because, really, that's all that we
share: a mailing list. It wouldn't be without precedent. Geraffel, the
gigantic assembly that always sets up near Milliways, is an IRC channel
meeting IRL.

The second thought was COPE. It would be in the style of NOPE, but also
acknowledges that the hacker community hasn't been the best of places.
We all have a lot of thinking and learning to do, and maybe COPE can be
a place for that. The challenge would be to find a backronym...

- Californians on Planet Earth (hi, NYC)
- Caring (for) Our Phriends Everywhere
- Center Of Phriendly Excellence
- Camp Out Play Everyday
- Cope: Only People of Excellence