[CQ] [Noisebridge-discuss] [PSA] Intensive NERT training Thursday and Monday

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Tue Dec 1 23:43:52 UTC 2009

For what its worth, NERT really doesn't go into what to do with dangerous materials or how to handle a small emergency.. Its more about what to do when the "Big One" hits.. Things like which fire extinguishers to use, how to turn off the gas (and what to do once its off) how to search rooms (lit and dark) etc..

If you want to know more about what to do, finish up the NERT training and then go on to the Super NERT training (I believe its a one day intensive course where you get to do some of the things that firefighters do)

As for industrial accidents, you are better served by reading the MSDS for the chemicals in the space and properly storing them before a major incident happens.

Also, I highly recommend doing the Red Cross trainaings... They are intensive and aimed at any emergency, not just the "Big One"

Just my .02

/Mark K6EF