[CQ] Safety Gear

Greg Albrecht gba at gregalbrecht.com
Mon Dec 14 21:50:41 UTC 2009

Hi Gang,
At the past few events I've noticed volunteers arriving without the
appropriate safety gear. If the agency we're working with has issued
us any type of gear, be that gloves, helmets, vests or radios, it is
our responsibility to bring these items to every event, be it
training, exercise, actual incident or drill. The idea behind these
events is to test our response, and part of that response is being
prepared - lack of these items constitutes a lack of preparedness and
an inability to respond. If you're missing any of your safety gear
please report the missing items to you Team Lead or Coordinator.

Gear that's appropriate for responders:
1. Your Agency ID
2. Helmet
3. Safety Vest or Agency Jacket/Vest
4. Gloves
5. Amateur Radio (if licensed)
6. Work Boots

Of course, when the big one hits we might not be able to get to this
equipment, until then don't let the disaster in your closet keep you
from participating in drills.

Thanks,
-g

--