[CQ] Any HF phone people?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Nov 29 23:02:28 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Bill Paul's message of Sun Nov 29 00:02:17 -0800 2009:
> I have a reasonable HF setup at my house (I was able to sneak a multi-band
> trapped dipole antenna onto the roof and run coax down two floors to my
> apartment) but not really anyone to talk to. I have a tri-band HT, but I sort
> of miss operating on HF. Anyone else have any interest? It'd be nice to be
> able to work 40m or 80m once in a while.

I just brought and setup my Elecraft K2 QRP rig at 2169.

I ran an awful 1/2-wave longwire above the sprinklers inside. I can hear
some regional CW QSO's.

I don't have a mic anymore, but I have the hardware for SSB. Just here
with my CW key.

Would love to try a sked and see if I can hear some other SF stations,
maybe work some CW if anyone's up for it.

--j