[CQ] A rig at 2169?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Nov 30 05:18:30 UTC 2009

I hadn't seen softrock before; it looks interesting.  The cheapness of it
(modulo a 96kHz sound interface, which look to be pretty affordable
nowadays) is great, but the limited spectrum is kind of sad.  It'd be nice
to open them up a bit, but it's probably tricky.

Which kit do you actually have?

For those, like me, who'd never heard of softrock before, the right site to
visit is http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/  There's a bunch of totally useless
sites around this product, where you can order them (sort of) or see someone
talking about rewriting his shopping cart software, always a good sign.

I love the idea of GNU Radio, but it's outrageously expensive and kinda
difficult to work with.  This is really promising.
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com