[CQ] Can we get a third?

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Fri Mar 19 03:49:28 UTC 2010

Well, I've got the ARRL Exam maker software installed with the templates/question pools etc.

All we need to do is set a date/time and register with the ARRL. They will send the materials. I don't know how long it will take so we should probably register the test session a month or more out to be safe.

Also, we should decide if we want to allow walkins or keep it small to the group. I'm ok with either.

73 de K6EF

> So when do we want to plan our first Noisebridge exam?
>
> Christie
> _______
> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
>
> The outer bounds is only the beginning. http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/
>

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Mark Cohen <markc at binaryfaith.com> wrote:
>
> I'm an extra and Im a VE with both ARRL and Sunnyvale VE group.
>
> -Mark
>

> On Mar 18, 2010, at 3:04 PM, john spurling wrote:
>
> > I have a General license, but I never got around to sending in that VE
> > form. I'll do it tonight.
> >
> > -john (KI6LVQ)
> >

> > Christie Dudley wrote:
> >> So Chris and I are going for our General class license this week or
> >> next maybe.  As it happens, all it takes is three general class
> >> licensees (who have sent in the volunteer examiner form to become a
> >> VE) to administer technician class license tests.  Since the tests
> >> don't even have to be scheduled or announced, we could do it
> >> spontaneously if we happen to be hanging around Noisebridge and manage
> >> to talk someone else into taking the test.
> >>
> >> Are there any other general class licensees out there?  Anyone want to
> >> become general class licensed?  It's not any harder than the
> >> technician class.  In fact, reviewing for it, I find it easier since
> >> there's more technical questions about circuits and stuff.
> >>
> >> If we have someone who gets up to Extra class, then with them around,
> >> we can administer any test...
> >>
> >> Christie
> >> _______
> >> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small
> >> shell scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
> >>
> >> The outer bounds is only the beginning.
> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/
>
> Mark Cohen
> markc at binaryfaith.com
>
> Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.
> -Carl Sagan, 1996

Mark Cohen
markc at binaryfaith.com