[CQ] Fwd: [hackerdojo] Would anybody like 100 jail radios?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Nov 16 20:17:47 UTC 2010

FYI, this showed up on the dojo list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katy Levinson <katy at hackerdojo.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Subject: [hackerdojo] Would anybody like 100 jail radios?
To: hackerdojo at googlegroups.com

I have approximately 100 jail radios left.  They are all tested to
transmit just fine. I don't have the software to reprogram them, but
the internet does.  Their frequencies overlap those of the amateur
frequencies, for people who are inclined to care about that sort of
thing. Battery packs and antennas come in varied conditions (mostly
fail on the packs), but the connectors are standard.

In college I bought a giant bunch of these for about $100 and then
would sell them for about $10 each.  It's reasonable money, but these
have now sat around for a year untouched.  In an attempt to not let my
house fill completely with junk, I'm getting rid of toys that have sat
untouched for a year, regardless of how awesome they are.  Please just
say so if you want them, they are free.  I figured I'd give you guys a
crack at them before craigslist.

--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
 josh at joshisanerd.com